Saturday, July 30, 2005

evaluation

I didn't take note of changes made to the evaluation portion of the project...

Initially, I had wanted each participant to fill out one of my conversation assessment forms. It became clear, after the 1st session, when everyone forgot to fill out the rubric, that the rubric was not necessary.

What was necessary, and informative, was the insight gleaned from each participant about how they felt the conversation went. Insight represented by real words, tinged with emotion, and not by a number.

And so, I adapted the form to include only the first bits about intial thoughts and final thoughts. They are embedded in the process as personal reflection pieces. They served two purposes: First, I asked participants to reflect on the model to help me with designing the process of conversation for decision-making in schools. Second, in the future, these pieces can be used as tools to allow for constant refinement of the model based on the needs of the participants.

Got to go...my mom's on her way over with plants from her garden! We're going to find places in mine for them - yay for mom! I can't wait to show Michael all of the work I've done in the garden while he has been away. The front was a particular mess...I'm so happy with the work I've done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home